Friday, May 30, 2008

Brick Break Twisted or LoM Online

I've been working on LoM (Legion of Mercenaries) for a while now. It's a text based game written in blitzplus and it's alright, seeing as it's a text based rpg running in a command prompt. BBT was put on hold while I worked on LoM but I feel as if I have completely abandoned the project. I beleive that it is only right that I work on it some more. Honestly, the code is just a slightly revised version of one of amcadam's vidtut sourcecodes from his space invaders' game. Instead it includes: a brick image, ball image and slider image. Taking place of the ship used in space invader, the slider makes the same left & right movements. Before I fixed the whole code, using just the ball and the slider, I was able to release the ball and have it deleted off the screen. However, it shouldn't be deleted because in an ordinary brick-break game, the ball is gravitated back down, leaving the player to catch the ball.

Once I added the brick image into the game, that's when all hell broke loose. I used the images I was emailed from a friend who agreed to be the graphics artist; as I mentioned earlier (Stephen Silva). I got the images to collide, however, once the ball hit the brick....it just stops. That's that! Ughhh. I'm getting tired quickly and yet it's only 2:00am. I guess I'll hit the couch and watch some tv until my eyelids get too heavy and eventually close. I'll finish where I left off later and continue discussing my projects. Stay tune!


No comments: